- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS - make sure you have your passport, any visa documents and an authorisation letter from your parents if necessary, and the contact details of your host family.
- INSURANCE DOCUMENTS - Make sure you know what level of cover you have, and who to call if you need to make a claim, and bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- CLOTHES - Don't pack too much; you will want to buy things when you are here, and you will want to avoid excess baggage charges when you go home.
- MOBILE PHONE - You will need a UK number for a number of reasons, including being easily contactable by your host family, your friends and your school. Also many bus passes are now etickets which are only downloadable to a UK mobile number. If you can, get a dual sim card unlocked phone so you can keep your international number and have a UK one on the same phone. You can order a free sim card at www.giffgaff.com and have it sent to your host family's address.
- LAPTOP - Some schools will lend students a laptop, but it's best to bring your own.
- ADAPTORS - Power sockets are different in the UK so you will need to bring an adaptor with you. Bringing more than one is a good idea if you have several electrical items.
- TOWELS - Your host family will provide towels, but you must bring your own hair dryer/straighteners if you use them.
- TOILETRIES - You must bring your own shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.